Welcome EPRMA members, the board and I have worked very hard to provide our members with world class HR risk management services at reduced pricing. These services are designed to help support your business and management practices. Our association recognizes the very real business challenges presented by the continuous charges to laws governing discrimination and harassment. EPRMA was formed to assist members in developing “best practices” in compliance with the Supreme Court’s rules for businesses to mitigate their financial risk through risk management. Please consider the following facts:
• The average amount paid for out-of court settlement is $40,000
• Defense of the average EPLI case, through trial, costs over $45,000
• The median compensatory award in EPLI cases is $218,000
• 67% of all employment cases that litigate results in a judgment for the plaintiff.
• Statistics show an employer is more likely to have an employment claim than a property or general liability claim.
• 41% of all EPLI claims are brought against small employers consisting of 15 to 100 employees
Our association endeavors to empower member companies who have pride in their operations and value their workers. These businesses seek ways to comply with the law, manage their risks and operate in professional manner.
We pledge to be transparent in our operating governance, provide superior service, and continuously improve our services to our members.
Kevin Ribble, President
Employment Practices Risk Management Association